Deadline for submitting papers to the FEL Conference Proceedings is Wednesday August 17, 2022 at 24:00 CEST.
Login to the FEL2022 Indico
Note: Contributions should be submitted ahead of the conference such that the papers can be processed by the editorial team, and any problems can be analyzed and then discussed with authors at the conference.
Contributions for posters may be up to FOUR pages long.
Contributions for oral presentations may be up to FIVE pages long.
An extra page is allowed for References only.
When preparing your paper, use the following templates:
- Common Author Oversights
- Formatting Citations
- Reference Search (New: Click on the search result to copy and paste a JACoW conform reference)
- JACoW source file Validator (docx & LaTeX)
- Electronic Processing of Submissions
Files to Upload
Authors are required to submit a PDF file made from the source document, the source file (*.docx or *.tex) and all figure files in its native format (eps, jpg, gif, tif, png etc).
Check that the image quality is still the same as in the source file, especially for color images.
Make sure the fonts are embedded into the PDF file.
Submission of electronic files
Only files named according to the paper's program code can be uploaded. Example for paper code MOP99, the paper contains two figures, the file names should be:
- MOP99.tex (or .docx, .odf, etc) corresponding to the source file
- MOP99_f1.eps (or .png, .tif, .jpg, …) corresponding to figure 1
- MOP99_f2.eps (or .png, .tif, .jpg, …) corresponding to figure 2
- MOP99_slides.* for presentation files (only for Oral contributions)
File upload via Indico
- Once all files are ready for submission, login to the FEL2022 Indico and upload your files.
- After login, use the lefthand menu to access "My Conference > My Contributions".
- Open the contribution you want to upload files for and scroll all the way down to the bottom.
- Ignore the "Presentation materials" section (see figure down below).
- Click on the "Submit files" button and choose your file type (see figure down below)
- Contribution of type Poster: only submit files for Paper. Ignore the "Slides" type
- Contribution of type Oral: submit files for both Paper and Slides
Please make sure that the paper title and co-authors on the paper are identical with the paper title and co-authors already entered in the FEL2022 Indico. If this is not the case, edit your contribution in Indico and update. The meta data in the FEL2022 conference database should be consistent between abstract and paper, because it will be used for the production of the abstract booklet and the proceedings.
The papers will be processed by the editorial team starting during the week before the conference. Authors will receive an e-mail about the processing status. Alternatively authors should check the status board (green=accepted, yellow=request for proof-reading, red=problem).
Please note: Any paper accepted for presentation and not presented by one of the authors at the conference will be excluded from the proceedings. In addition, the Scientific Program Committee reserves the right to refuse papers for publication that have not been properly presented in the poster sessions. Manuscripts of contributions to the proceedings (or enlargements of them) are not considered to be posters, and papers presented in this way will not be accepted for publication.